About Oxtellar XR®
Oxtellar XR Is Taken Once-a-Day
Oxtellar XR is a medication used to treat partial seizures. The “XR” in Oxtellar XR stands for “extended-release.” Oxtellar XR gives you the same amount of medicine throughout the day. Oxtellar XR is a a once-a-day medicine that comes in 3 dosage strengths: 600mg, 300mg and 150 mg.
Extended-Release Once-a-day Medicines
Important features of these medicines include:
- They are taken only once a day
- They provide a full daily dose
Oxtellar XR May Be a Good Add-on Treatment for You
Sometimes a single medicine isn’t enough to help control partial seizures. If you are still having partial seizures, it’s important to talk with your healthcare provider. Ask if adding once-daily Oxtellar XR to your treatment regimen could make a difference for you.
Oxtellar XR is an add-on therapy that may help reduce the frequency of your partial seizures.1,3†
These results were documented in a medical study of 366 adult patients diagnosed with epilepsy and uncontrolled partial seizures. Patients in this study were taking either a placebo pill, Oxtellar XR at a dose of 1200 mg/day, or Oxtellar XR at a dose of 2400 mg/day, and were:
- On a stable treatment plan of 1 to 3 epilepsy medicines1,2
- Experiencing an average of 6 partial seizures every 28 days1,2
- Individual results may vary.
What Doctors Say About Adding Once-Daily Oxtellar XR1
Dr. Nieto and Dr. Sankar are experts in epilepsy and share their thoughts below on why once-daily Oxtellar XR is often a good fit for patients still having partial seizures:
“I have added once-daily Oxtellar XR for several patients not adequately controlled with their first partial seizure medications because it’s once a day.”1
Roberto M. Nieto, MD
Physician, Neurology Associates of Arlington
“I have been prescribing once-daily Oxtellar XR since the year it was first introduced, and have been excited about its potential efficacy and consistency. It really put oxcarbazepine back on the map—a therapeutic choice for many patients.”1
Raman Sankar, MD
Professor and Chief, Division of Pediatric Neurology
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
- Data on file. Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Rockville MD.
- French JA, Baroldi P, Brittain ST, Johnson JK; on behalf of PROSPER Investigators Study Group. Efficacy and safety of extended-release oxcarbazepine (Oxtellar XR™) as adjunctive therapy in patients with refractory partial-onset seizures: a randomized controlled trial. Acta Neurol Scand. 2014;129:143-153.
- Oxtellar XR [package insert]. Rockville, MD: Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; December 2015.