Starting Oxtellar XR®
Oxtellar XR Is Taken Once a Day
Life can get hectic and many people struggle to remember to take medications multiple times a day. What’s the right choice for you in managing your partial seizures?
Adding once-a-day Oxtellar XR may be a good fit for you
Oxtellar XR is the first FDA-approved once-daily form of oxcarbazepine:
- An add-on therapy that’s been proven in a medical study to significantly reduce the number of partial seizures1-3†
- Steady delivery of medicine over 24 hours1,2
- Is taken only once a day2
- Individual results may vary.
Tips for Talking to Your Healthcare Provider
It is important that you and your healthcare provider talk about your partial seizures and how they should be treated. Below are some tips for talking to your healthcare provider:
Write down how many partial seizures you have had since your last visit:
- Try to remember when and where they happened
- Try to describe them as best as you can
Write down at what time of day you take your medications
- Be sure to tell your healthcare provider if you miss a dose
Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking any medications, vitamins, or supplements
Tell your healthcare provider about any recent changes in diet
Write down any side effects you are having
Consider bringing someone with you just to make sure you don’t forget to tell your healthcare provider anything
- Data on file. Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Rockville, MD.
- Oxtellar XR [package insert]. Rockville, MD: Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; December 2015.
- Saini SD, Schoenfeld P, Kaulback K, Dubinsky MC. Effect of medication dosing frequency on adherence in chronic diseases. Am J Manag Care. 2009;15(6):e22-e33.